Monday, December 11, 2006

James and Tyler Win the Amazing Race

Well, it was almost predictable. James and Tyler won The Amazing race. I say almost predictable, because honestly having watched the race, they were perhaps one of the worst teams to come out on top.

I was truly upset to see that Lyn and Karlyn really ended up with the bad luck of the draw. While perhaps they weren't the best team. I feel that they put more into this race than any other team. More than James and Tyler; more than Erwin and Godwin; more than even David and Mary. For that I would have loved to see them win the race.

I guess the only saving aspect of the finale is that Rob and Kimberly did not win. Sorry, but I never really liked them. They weren't as detestable and I thought before the race started, but they were likable either.

I also missed the layover aspect that they have had in past races. Usually, they send them to some place remote and have them spend the night in some cabin or a tent, before they do the final stretch. Not really a pit stop, but they have to stay there for at least 8 or 12 hours.

Also, this wasn't a two hour finale. I missed that. I guess maybe the spent more time on episodes airs over the weeks, but I liked the 2 hour finale.

Is this a sign of the demise of The Amazing Race? I sure hope not. However, I think it might be a sign that this season just wasn't as good. The players weren't as interesting. David and Mary had America's heart, but there really was not one to hate (maybe Peter and Sarah, but there weren't like Jonathan and Victoria from Season 6).

So, the biggest news is that the next Amazing Race will be an All-Star episode. While there is much rumor on the Web about who will star in this episode. Here is my wish list for the All-Star Edition (these are listed in order of who I would pick first):

1 - Kevin and Drew - They made the first season. I don't think I would be much of a fan of The Amazing Race if they hadn't been in the first season.

2 - Chip and Kim - I loved them for all of season 5, and I still love them. If there has to be past winners (which I don't agree with), then I want Chip and Kim back on the show.

3 - David and Mary - I know I will be in trouble for putting them as number 3 and not number 1 on my list, but I didn't like them as much as the previous two. I would hope that they would do better this time around.

4 - BJ and Tyler - The is my second favorite of all the teams that I have won the race. They are a very close second.

5 - Ron and Kelly - They made it to the final three in Season 7, and I had hoped that they would go all the way. This would be a great chance for them to try again.

6 - David and Lori - I was honestly shocked at how well they did in Season 9. I just thought that they were a cute nerdy couple, that I could relate with. I would hope they did well this season too.

7 - Linda and Karen - Before Lyn and Karlyn this was the longest lasting all female team, and I would love to see them race again. If they weren't chosen I would actually like to see Charla and Mirna race again.

8 - Millie and Chuck - They were great competitors, and I felt that they were good representatives of the Christian faith. I just hope that the production staff doesn't over emphasize their 12-year virginity too much like they did in Season 4.

9 - Marion and DJ - I loved this unpopular family. I thought that although they argued a lot, they really loved each other, and that endeared me to them. Put the mom and oldest son on again, just to make it fun. If this mom and son duo doesn't make it I wouldn't mind seeing Gus and Hera on again, more because I like Gus, he just seemed genuine.

10 - Lori and Bolo - These two are kind of a wild card. I thought that they added some entertainment value that would be fun to watch again. However, I wouldn't be too upset if they didn't get on.

11 - Danny and Oswald You know they are going to choose at least one gay couple, and these two would have to be my favorite. But I won't be cheering them on.

That's my picks. I tried to get some from all past seasons, but season three just lacked in any body I wanted to see race again. Next is my list of people I don't want to see race again (these are in order of least favorite):

1 - Rob and Amber - I hated them in survivor, I hated them in season 7. These are just two people who don't need any more air time.

2 - Jonathan and Victoria - It's so obvious, I don't think I will even mention it.

3 - Peter and Sarah - Peter just bugged me, and Sarah didn't have much redeeming value either. And you didn't like to hate them either.

4 - Adam and Rebecca - Rebecca was fine, but Adam just needs to grow up.

5 - Marshall and Lance - The first team to quit the Amazing Race doesn't deserve a second chance.

So, what are you thoughts on an All-Star edition of the Amazing Race? What are you thoughts on my picks? I am sure to agree with some, but why do you disagree on others?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home