Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Winter Preview: Armed and Famous

When I first saw it I couldn't believe it. Are they seriously going to take five celebrities and train them to be cops? Okay, I could believe that. I couldn't believe that the celebrities actually passed the training course. I also couldn't believe that they would actually broadcast such drivel.

Armed and Famous trains five celebrities to be cops. Actually, I am not sure that half of these participant even qualify as celebrities, unless you want to go back 20 years. After their training they are taken out on the streets and enforce the laws of Muncie Indiana.

This show is being billed as a comedy. So here I am picturing Police Academy meets Dancing with the Stars. And trust me it is much worse than that. Now I have to admit, I don't understand either of those shows. I really never watch Policy Academy, and I just can't seem to stomach Dancing with the Stars.

However, If you like Dancing with the Stars, I think you will not like Armed and Famous. However if you like Police Academy you might find this show humorous.

Having watched the previews available at CBS, I have to say, that I am lost for the humor. Of the six short clips available online, there were only two partially funny moments. La Toya Jackson handling a fire arm was perhaps the funniest, but that in itself is more dangerous than funny. The second most funny was Erik Estrada passing wind while wrestling with a trainer. And I have never found flatulence jokes humorous.

While from an ethical perspective, this show has it's problems. I honestly think that this show will flop because it just won't be entertaining. From the get go Jason Acuña is told that he isn't allowed to be a "jackass" on the show. So, automatically, you take away his ability to be funny. So much for the comedy aspect, that is if you call Acuña's act funny.

Also, did Jack Osbourne manage to stay sober enough to do this show? Or did the trainers just let it slide? Okay, I know that he has sobered up since the Osbourne's were on the air, and maybe I am taking unfair punches. But I am trying to point out, that this isn't your typical police trainees. I will give Osbourne some credit and say that at least he knows how to handle I fire arm. I wish that I could shoot like that.

I won't be watching Armed and Famous. And I doubt many in America will be either. This is Reality TV gone way wrong. Mostly because it has no entertainment value, but also because it just seems to be a slap in the face of ethics.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only Erik Estrada could save a show like this. If it didn't have him, I would not watch it.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Police work is serious business and it won't look good if one of those "entertainers" get wasted on the job....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home