Saturday, January 20, 2007

Winter Preview: The Amazing Race - All Stars

The contestants for the All Star Edition of the Amazing Race have officially been posted. And for the most part, I am happy with the selections.

My number one pick for the All Stars was Kevin and Drew, and they made the cut. Trust me if you missed Season 1, then you are in for a real treat. These are a couple of frat brothers/friends that are funny, charming, and just all around good guys. I can't wait to see them in action again.

On a less positive note, my number one pick to not be on the show is in the All Stars. Rob and Amber can't seem to get enough of the spot light. Next thing you know, they will have a reality TV spot on the pregnancy and birth a new child (Before the rumor mill starts, no they aren't pregnant, I am just speculating about the future). If it wasn't for Kevin and Drew, I don't think that I would even bother with the All Stars with Rob and Amber in it. Oh well, at least this is a couple that I love to hate. I hope that are out in the first round. (I just cursed myself, and now they will be in the final three, again.)

Obviously, I am excited to see David and Mary compete again. I suspect that they will team up with Charla and Mirna. Maybe this grouping will prove to be better. Charla and Mirna weren't afraid to take any risks like Erwin and Godwin. However, I think their loyalty will be a lot more like Lyn and Karlyn. I was surprised that neither Charla nor Mirna tried and convince Phil Keoghan to leave his wife for her. I hope that both of these teams do well. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them out early either.

Danny and Oswald got back on, and they were entertaining. I probably won't be cheering for them much, but I won't mind seeing them go far. Joyce and Uchenna will be okay to see again, but they have already won, so I won't be cheering for them much, either.

I am not excited to see John Vito and Jill, Dustin and Kandice, or Eric and Danielle back in the race. I didn't like them in their first races, and I doubt I will like them now. I guess Eric and Danielle are interesting because they are the Amazing Race's first match up. But that too is still a yawner.

Regardless of what you think of each of the contestants, this looks to be a good season. Let's hope it proves to be as successful as some of the other All Star Reality shows.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:56:00 PM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

good preview of the upcoming season! i'm way excited!

i never saw season 2, so danny/oswald are new to me. i think that the eric/danielle match-up is an interesting one. rob/amber i could definitely do without! (but you're right about them being a team i love to hate.) i didn't really like charla/mirna the first time around - but they do run an interesting race. it'll be nice to see dave/mary again!

counting down the days to february 18! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home